Sunday 11 October 2015

Who am I? Why am i here?


5 reasons why I chose Illustration

·         Always had a keen interest in art and design and have spent a lot of time drawing from my imagination to create images.

·         My choice was influenced by my interest in designs and logos on skateboards, clothing, shoes etc.

·         I was very much influenced by artists I studied and admired during my A levels. These included Si Scott and Alex Marcou who have done work for major companies such as Nike and Coca-Cola.

·         Again during my A level studies, I developed a keen interest in typography, illustration and graphics. This was reinforced throughout my foundation diploma and confirmed that this was the career path I wanted to follow.

·         During my foundation studies, I was encouraged by my Tutors to persue a career in Illustration as this is best suited to the talents which I possess.

Why I chose this course programme

·         I looked around several illustration courses and my first impression, when looking around the studios at Leeds College of Art, was that it felt to be a very friendly atmosphere and the students seemed to be happy. I felt that this was the type of environment that would suit me and that I would work well in.

·         I felt that the staff and other students were very motivated and passionate about their topic.

·         I was very impressed by the modern facilities and the fact that it is all contained within one compact building.

·         The course was recommended by my tutor during my foundation diploma.

·         The information on the website was very informative and I also knew of another student on the course who was enjoying the programme.

5 skills that are my strengths

·         I like and prefer to draw images from my imagination.

·         I believe I pay good attention to detail and enjoy producing very detailed and precise images.

·         I feel that I have a lot of patience when drawing and try to make my work the best it can be.

·         I am very keen to explore using a broader range of techniques and learn new skills and feel I can grasp new skills quickly,

·         I really enjoy using typography to produce interesting images.

5 things I want to improve

·         I need to have more confidence in discussing work with my peers.

·         Presenting within a group, as this is something that I have had very little experience of.

·         I feel that I need to improve the speed at which I work as this will be essential to meet deadlines.

·         I need to be more organised with my time and set myself limits of time that can be spent on one task. 


·         I need to have more confidence in my written work as I have had difficulties in being able to start this quickly.


Unfortunately I couldn't save the image I wanted to (the cats). So ive done a print screen instead, showing a few drawings I really like by this particular artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment