Sunday 30 April 2017

Hockney exhibition

Recently I went on a trip to London to visit some galleries, the main one I went to see was the David Hockney exhibition at the Tate Britain.

 




Ever since Matt showed me his drawings last year i have been obsessed with his work and find it incredible how he can work with such skill across a range of media that wide.







The exhibition was showing some of his most famous pieces of work over the past 60 years. Ive never really go to exhibitions and never have the desire to, however I was desperate to see this one before it finished.





I probably shouldn't have gone when I did because It was 2 days before the cop deadline and I still had loads to do but that was the only opportunity I had, that was kind of on my mind for the weekend but im still glad I went because it gave me some much needed inspiration.



Whilst I was in London I also visited the Tate modern, where I saw lots of nice stuff, my favorite was works from Picasso, Andy Warhole and Bridget Riley. Bridget Riley in particular, who I hadn't heard of prior to my trip. Her work is very mesmerizing to look at, very bright colors and bold lines and shapes put together to create giant optical illusions almost

Image result for bridget riley

Image result for bridget riley black and white





Image result for bridget riley colour

 These are not my images, but they show just how great her work is. I have been getting into graphic design recently so that's probably why I like them so much. These pictures don't really do the paintings justice because they are massive in real life

No comments:

Post a Comment